Winter is going to be upon us soon. Some people may loathe the cold weather, but for winter sports enthusiasts, it is time to gear up and hit the slopes! If you are going skiing for the first time this winter, it can be a little nerve-wracking at first.
As an avid outdoorsman, Dean Buescher loves to shred through fresh powdery snow on his winter skis. If you are a beginner, here are the top 5 tips you need to know before you go skiing:
- Wear the right clothes. Before you get on the slopes, make sure you have snow pants, a good pair of boots, goggles, gloves, etc to keep you warm.
- If you are about to embark on a skiing trip with friends or family, consider taking some lessons from an instructor before you go. If they all know how to ski you’ll either be stuck on the bunny slopes or get really frustrated with your buddy who is trying to teach you.
- You’re going to fall quite a lot. Have patience with yourself. Falling is a part of learning. If you feel yourself falling, try to land on your side instead of going backward or forwards.
- Keep looking ahead instead of down at your skis. It sounds simple, but beginners often are compelled to look at their skis to try and keep control.
- Keep your knees bent. If your legs are straight, you won’t be able to balance as well and will end up falling over a lot more.
Leave a Reply