For parents who love to go camping, it can sometimes be a struggle to get your kids excited about going camping, especially if it is their first time. Especially these days, kids might complain about being bored with no Wi-Fi! The good news is that there is plenty of fun, kid-friendly activities to do as a family.
An entrepreneur by trade, Dean Buescher is an avid outdoor enthusiast in his free time. A big fan of all kinds of outdoor activities, he shares 5 fun activities you can do with your kids while camping.
- Make a list of things you can find in nature and send your kids on a scavenger hunt. Not only will it be fun for them, but they also get to learn about all the different plants, insects, animals, and rocks you can find.
- Take some crafting supplies like paper, cardboard, crayons, and glue. Your kids can draw what they see or make some nature-inspired collages.
- Bring along some games like cornhole or even a frisbee to throw around. You can also have a competition to see who can skip a rock the farthest.
- When night falls, some classic campfire games are always a big hit. Telefone and alphabet games are super fun for kids. You can also take turns telling stories!
- Teach them some basic outdoor survival skills. If you find a lot of fallen branches, you can teach them how to build a shelter. If they are old enough, you can teach them about fire starting.
Leave a Reply