Are you itching to load up all your camping gear into the car and head into the great outdoors? Winter may not be an ideal time for camping, but you don’t have to wait until summer either! There are plenty of amazing camping spots in the United States that are perfect for a springtime getaway.
Spring is an ideal time to go camping for several reasons:
- Campsites in the summer can often be really crowded, but there aren’t as many people in the spring.
- Because there are fewer people, booking a camping spot can also be more affordable.
- The temperatures aren’t unbearably hot, so you can plan to go on longer hikes in the mild weather.
- Wildlife and plants are just starting to come back and bloom again. Spring is a beautiful time to be out in nature. If you are an avid bird watcher, you can see the birds beginning to return again.
- The mosquitos won’t be so active during this time of year.
Here are some of the top spots to go camping in the spring:
- Buena Vista, Colorado
- Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina and Georgia
- Joshua Tree National Park, California
- Death Valley National Park, California and Nevada
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada
- Acadia National Park, Maine
- Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
- Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- Olympic National Park, Washington